Enumerate the “ Assam Tourism Policy - 2017” . | Date 11.08.21
Answer :- “ Assam Tourism Policy - 2017”
The state government of Assam on 19 October 2017 launched a new Tourism policy- 'Tourism Policy of Assam 2017' with the aim of increasing tourist inflow in the state two to three folds within the next five years. While releasing the policy, the Assam Govt. said that Tourism shall be accorded industry status in the state and all facilities and incentives applicable to industries shall be made available to Tourism industry also. The new policy will be effective starting January 2018 till December 2022.
Objective of Assam Tourism Policy – 2017 :-
1. The policy paper is aimed at creating a policy framework to move tourism into a major economic sector of Assam, increasing the inflow of tourists' by at least two to three folds in the next five years.
2. Its main focus is to make Assam a film making destination by offering a range of incentives to movie producers to come and shoot in the state.
3. It will also encourage the private sector to pro-actively participate and invest in tourist places in the tourism sector.
4. A special incentive will be offered as additional 10 per cent capital grant up to Rs 25 lakh for investment in remote/potential tourist destination of Assam.
5. It also offers a range of financial benefits for constructing approach roads and installing renewable energy sources at tourist units.
Conclusion :- According to 2014 data, 45, 00,000 domestic and 20,000 foreign tourists visited Assam. Assam can become one of the most sought after destinations in the country because of its magnificent tourism products like exotic wildlife, awesome scenic beauty, colorful fairs and festivals, age old historical monuments, lush green tea gardens and golf courses, massive river Brahmaputra and its tributaries, serene and tranquil country side and warm and hospitable people.